Sunday, April 24, 2011

Great Change Is Only Possible TOGETHER



Yesterday at work I found myself in a situation where I required to get some very large items moved from one place to another, and it was clear that I was not going to be able to do it by myself - yet I was tasked with getting this particular project done, so I had to find a way. The solution was clear - get some help!


I realized how simple and effective it is to simply WORK TOGETHER.But why is this a realization instead of being plain and simple common sense?




The points that came up within me had to do with the fact that I have accepted and allowed myself to exist within competition and desire to achieve as an individual instead of being humble with my abilities and setting aside my ego in order to get done what requires to be done. So in that moment of seeing that I was not capable of moving all of the large, heavy items to where they needed to be, and that this was a task that was time-sensitive and required to be done so that other projects can continue, I had to face myself within the point of fearing that by asking for help, fearing others would see me or judge me as ineffective or incompetent, fearing that others would lose respect for me as a worker if i had to ask for assistance on a task that I was assigned, fear of disappointing my superiors who trusted the task to me, fear that I would not be given as much work in the future or that I would be excluded from consideration of further responsibilities, and fearing that others would judge me as weak - both in terms of physical strength as well as general competency in regards to completing tasks - all of which come from the mind/ego - the ghost in my head that speaks to me and informs me of who I am supposed to be in order to continue existing as a mind-consciousness-system instead of being the directive principle of myself and determining for myself what I will accept and allow and what I will participate in. This is the separation that exists within myself which allows for self-defeating back-chat as ego - not wanting to appear 'weak' to others so that I can continue to compete - instead of realizing that the most practical solution and what is best for all is to drop the ego and simply work with what is here in a way that considers everyone equally - thus competition becomes irrelevant - and counter productive to achieving the result of what is best for all.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist asking for help because I want to be seen as effective by others at work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself by my physical strength and stature in comparison to others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I must compete and be seen as strong and competent at work. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am the definition of a 'male' and that within such a definition I must be strong and able to take on anything by myself. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear having people judge me for being weak. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to consider trying to get things done on my own, my own way, instead of facing my own point of shame and embarrassment within judging myself for not being the definition of a 'male' as portrayed within society and media. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that if I ask for help and assistance then I am weak and should not be considered worthy.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am in competition with others and that others must not see me as weak. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that asking for help and assistance are indications of weakness instead of it simply being one person asking for help and assistance from others. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge myself for not being able to complete the project alone.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to compare myself to unrealistic standards of what I think a male is supposed to be or act like. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in the thought of getting it done by myself so as not to have others come to help me despite knowing that I am not able to complete the task on my own.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that my manager would judge me for not finishing a task that he assigned to me. 


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself as my ego and as a person who 'does not ask for help', which is really just to keep me limited within my self-definitions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to, within self-interest and fear of facing myself within humbleness, compromise myself by resisting to use the course of action that is best for all so that I may remain in my own point of personal achievement. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I as the person "Joe Kou" am special and deserve special consideration that supersedes that which is best for all, and within this i forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist getting help and making sure my task is completed due to not wanting to humble myself.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to attempt to protect myself from the judgment of others when in fact it is always Self-Judgment.


I STOP. I am not here to participate within limitations and fears. I am here to sort out the mess of this 
existence and it begins with sorting out the mess within myself. I stand HERE as the directive principle of me and I will myself to make my decisions based on what is BEST FOR ALL.


I will myself and insist that when I notice myself in such points of not wanting to humble myself and desiring to present an image of effectiveness when in fact I am not, within self honesty, capable of doing something without support - bring myself back HERE and ask myself the question "Is this best for all?" and "Am I being the example I wish others will follow?" And I will direct myself accordingly instead of giving energy to thoughts within back-chat and ego.
  
This led me to investigating the bigger picture of reality - how we are so separated and in general uncooperative amongst each other as human beings who must coexist on this planet along with the ecosystems, the animals, the plants, the insects, the bacteria, the atmosphere, etc. Humanity has separated itself into billions of 'individuals' with individual needs, wants, egos, desires; which for the most part will vary from one individual to another - yet the vast majority of those wants, needs, and desires have nothing at all to do with practical reality and are based only on the idea of the 'individual' who must strive to get the things they want because everyone else is apparently doing the same. Instead of cooperation and naturally seeking ways to do things more effectively as a group, we are trained to do things at the expense of others so that we can attain our own sense of self-satisfaction, competing with each other and only cooperating when we personally have something to gain from that cooperation, or if failure to cooperate undermines our standing and status among others.


In looking at the way in which the guys who came to my assistance worked together as a single unit, I saw how much more effective all things would be if all people were able to unconditionally cooperate, and indeed how limiting and backwards it is to constantly be focused on individual achievement or competition against others when ALL could benefit so much more from cooperation. A task that would have not been possible for any of us to achieve alone was accomplished in a matter of minutes - with minimal strain - and all were got the benefit of having the task done and other projects being able to move forward in a speedy manner. When we stop competing, when we stop trying to be the best, and realize it is not just about our own victories and accomplishments and our own sense of self-satisfaction, we are able to achieve and realize far greater rewards - rewards that extend beyond the mind's concept of 'self' and ripples out into existence.

Imagine a world in which all people saw each other as equals and all participated within unconditional cooperation in order to do things that would not be possible otherwise - imagine what great accomplishments we could all achieve together when we no longer have competition, abuse, separation, superiority, inferiority, fear, and distrust between each other as equal co-creators of this world in partnership with all that is here.

It is up to us to stop the fear and separation and ego within ourselves so that we can stand equal to all who are here and to move together, as one, placing our individual skills and abilities to their greatest utility in realizing a world that is best for all.

BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY
Thus I stand for, support, and apply for myself the Desteni "I" Process, through which we are able to give ourselves the tools, the education, and the support of an entire community of Destonians to forever change ourselves and to dare to stand up in this world and say "Heaven on Earth is not a dream - I insist that it becomes real and I will not stop until all are equally free and equally supported, and I stand as an example of that change."

Through the Desteni "I" Process we change the world - beginning with the world within ourselves, as well as provide ourselves with an opportunity to make an income by living and demonstrating the tools offered in the Desteni "I" Process, thus freeing ourselves from limitations as well as financial burden. Begin your process by visiting the links for more information on how it all works - and contact me when you are ready to begin freeing yourself as well as learning how to support others as well, or if you have any questions about the Desteni "I" Process. Let's walk together into a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis