Thursday, October 4, 2012

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please?


Most of us are familiar with the term “divide and conquer” and understand the idea that by creative division and separation within a group or a unit, one is able to weaken that group or unit or cause it to become distracted with internal conflicts so that one can have an easier time with conquering and establishing control over that group or unit.

One is able to see that within one's own mind, we are constantly dividing ourselves with the things that we give our attention to in our world. We are constantly going from one point of attention to the next, moving from one personality to another, creating opinions and backchat and judgments about ourselves and everyone else – each time splitting ourselves and separating ourselves from being HERE and being aware of who we are and what we are participating in and the consequences that result from our acceptances and allowances.

A big problem with this, is that we will tend to actually fight for and defend our divided attentions – proclaiming that it is our 'right' to think as we wish and give our attention to whatever we wish and participate in whatever we wish because nobody should get to control us – and within this very fear of being controlled and thus defending and reinforcing our fear by rallying against anything or anyone that may be a threat to our 'individuality' – we separate ourselves from ourselves – we separate ourselves from everything that is in fact HERE and instead fight for the 'right' to exist as an individual within only our minds.

This is perfect for those who understand how to control and manipulate the attention and desires of 'individuals' – because individuals will always seek to fulfill their own desires, and will look for ways to make their opinions real – to make their self-interest real – and will thus follow and give their attention to the things that will support their self-beliefs – all the while convinced that their thoughts, their desires, the things that they give their attention to – are out of their own 'free will' when in fact those who have understood how the mind operates and how to convince people to accept ideas and beliefs and then to fight for such ideas and beliefs amongst each other have been utilizing this very tactic of divide and conquer to ensure that humanity does not ever realize the ONE THING that would set humanity free from the confusion and madness and the endless strife and conflict – and that ONE THING is the realization of Self-Attention.

Why is Self-Attention the point that would free humanity from control and in fact ensure that nobody will be able to misdirect or manipulate us? Because as long as we continue to give our attention to that which is separate from ourselves – that which is placed into the systems of this world that tell us how to feel, what to look at, what to belief, how to behave, or what to think – we will always miss the point of OURSELVES as one and equal with this existence – meaning we actually give up our point of equality and the ability to direct what is here as an equal and one participant and co-creator in this world – in favor of trying to protect and defend values and ideas and beliefs that are given to us, indoctrinated into us – impulsed onto us constantly and repeatedly until we accept it as our own. Then we give our attention to the things in the world that support and validate our ideas and beliefs only – instead of looking DIRECTLY at this world and this reality and seeing through the deliberate separation and mis-direction in which we are constantly trained to give our attention and focus and energy to trivial and frivolous ideas – and will actually compete with each other, separate ourselves from each other – to defend our own 'right' to our 'own ideas' and the 'right' to give our attention and energy away to whatever we wish and thus becoming the very manifestation of control and enslavement in this world – ensuring thus that mankind will NEVER in fact walk here on this earth as equals, and will NEVER in fact realize our creative power and our actual full potential – so long as we keep focused on dividing our attention and fighting for the pieces of ourselves.

Here I will walk the self-forgiveness and self-corrections within this point of attention-diversion that I see within myself and the consequences that I am responsible for when I allow myself to give in to attention-diversion

Self-Forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is simply “my right” to think about whatever I want and thus anyone who tells me that I should consider changing my participation with 'my own' thoughts is trying to control me for their own benefit – when in fact I am simply wanting to hold on to my own self-interest – to not unconditionally consider the consequences of what happens when I allow myself to indulge in my mind without any consideration whatsoever.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to separate myself from my own point of self-attention, and within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to thus give my attention away and allow my attention to be directed by the media, my opinions, by 'experts', by desires and cravings that are based only on self-interest, and by a consumption based model of society in which giving in to our desires is rewarded.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hold on to ego and self-interest within believing that I am 'in control' when I allow myself to participate in thoughts and attention diversions throughout my day, believing that I am directing all of it when in fact it is the other way around and the thoughts and pictures and reactions that I give my attention to and allow to influence and direct me are IN NO WAY self-directed because I did not in any moment actually stop and direct myself to think about a certain thing or create a certain picture within my mind or to go wander off into a stray thought and thus allow myself to distract myself and divert myself from what is in fact HERE in this reality.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take lightly this point of attention diversion within believing that it is not so bad as long as we keep ourselves in control of it and not let it get 'out of hand', and within this excusing and justifying an existence in which we listen to thoughts and voices and pictures within our minds and consider that 'normal' when the simplicity of the physical reality is always here, always stable, and never requires internal conversation – which shows just how far we have diverted our actual attention and just how far we have separated ourselves from actually LIVING here one and equal with this reality but instead divided and conquered ourselves within letting ourselves be lead by thoughts and internal conversations and pictures that have nothing in fact to do with practical reality.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to NOT see and consider that allowing myself to participate in attention diversions in which I deliberately let go of self-responsibility and self-direction in all that I do, in each moment of breath, is the same as me putting myself on a leash and then handing that leash to whatever I allow to be my master.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in attention diversion when I hold on to an opinion or self-belief that I value more than what is actually here and will this give my attention to the defense and protection of this opinion – this dividing myself and allowing myself to be conquered by my unwillingness to let go of my opinion to instead see directly without personal bias.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to NOT slow down and stop myself when and as a picture or thought comes up within me and entices me to live and follow through with that thought, and in that moment giving up my self-direction and self-awareness – to instead of standing here and moving myself here with and as my physical body, directing myself in each moment of breath and ensuring that everything I do is an actual expression of me, rather allow myself to create alternate realities in my mind by following my thoughts and random images and thus placing myself on a leash and handing that leash to my mind as my thoughts – allowing myself to thus be a slave to my own thoughts instead of realizing that I am NOT my mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist slowing down and stopping the mind because I do not want to let go of self-interest and having my own personal experiences and being able to do whatever I want in my own mind – believing that I am at all alive in this mind – that I am at all self-aware in this mind – that the thoughts and pictures and emotions and reactions are at all self-directed.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to divide and conquer myself within attention diversion – where I allow myself to chase a thought or give in to a desire or temptation, and in that making myself equal to only a thought instead of standing here as the directive principle of me – to direct and move myself in all that I do and ensuring that all that is do is in fact what I live and what I stand by.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to NOT see and realize that each time I allow myself to chase a thought, slip into a daydream, or simply give in to a temptation – whether it is to go out and indulge on the urge to eat sugary foods as an energetic experience, or to not do my assignments and rather spend my time entertaining myself, or to gossip about others in my own mind instead of moving myself OUT of the mind and establishing actual communication and intimacy in my relationships – or even if it is a 'stray thought' that seems insignificant and harmless if I allow myself to follow it just to see 'where it takes me' – because no matter where it does take me, it is taking me away from the one place that I require to be in order to actually live and make a difference in this reality – thus to allow myself to indulge in any kind of attention diversion where I 'lose myself' and I am not here moving, directing, breathing – I have been divided and conquered.

Self-Corrections and Commitments

I commit myself to, when and as I see I have slipped into attention diversion, stop myself immediately and do NOT allow myself to go after that thought or give in to that desire or temptation by breathing, and making sure that my mind STOPS MOVING and that I am in fact here.

I commit myself to stand and say “NO” when and as I notice the pull of an attention diversion, and to consistently stop and say “NO” and establish my point of self-trust and self-direction no matter how many times I must do it until such attention diversions no longer come up within me or have any ability to influence or direct me.

I commit myself to, when and as I see/notice the temptation to follow a thought, go into a daydream state, participate in internal gossip/backchat, or indulge myself in a desire as a point of distracting myself from being HERE and moving myself HERE, I stop and give myself the will and authority to slow down, be here with myself, and practice/walk this point of self-attention instead of attention-diversion until all that remains is self-attention.

I commit myself to UNITE and DIRECT myself instead of DIVIDE and CONQUER myself by applying myself and using the tools of writing, self-forgiveness, and self-corrective application patiently and consistently so that I stop getting 'lost' within my own mind – so that I am able to remain HERE as the directive principle of me no matter where I am – and thus be able to trust that I will always do what is best for all, and that I do not compromise myself or give in to the attention diversions of the mind or of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis