Friday, July 27, 2012

Why PEACE cannot exist when we are in PIECES



Among the greatest illusions perpetuated on this world, I would say the idea of 'peace' ranks high upon that list. So many times we see protests and rallies and demands for peace and the end of war, the end of segregation and divisiveness, the end of inequality and exploitation – all various and alternate expressions of the idea of 'peace'.

What is lacking in every instance of this desire and call for 'peace' is the understanding that no conflict – no war – no social injustice – no economic slavery exists or can ever exist separate and isolated from the myriad other issues that plague the entirety of the system. What is not understood is that in addressing these problems in singular and reactionary ways will NEVER produce an actual and real result of 'peace' – because it has NOT been understood how all of the issues that we are facing are completely and inexorably inter-connected and co-dependent and any solution must be a solution that includes ALL FACTORS – otherwise the imbalances of the system will simply generate and produce more inequality, more conflict, and more wars.

What is generally sold and accepted as 'peace' is only the temporary relief of a problem that in itself was a symptom of greater issues that are not being addressed. How could there be 'peace' if there has been war and atrocity and the lives of those who have been affected by the devastation will never again be 'normal' and the likelihood of them having a dignified and stable life becomes obliterated? Will those people know 'peace' just because the war comes to an end?

What is demanded by the people is in no way placed into a practical context in terms of how the entire global system has been functioning (or dysfunctioning) to the degree that such conflicts ever came into existence and the relationship dynamics that are involved.

At no point is it considered what must PRACTICALLY be done to stop war and also ensure that war NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN. We have not actually seen or considered all of the factors that lead to the initial conflicts and HOW those conflicts can be resolved before resorting to violence, and how the global economic system is tied to the war as part of it's profit structure and how this affects the lives of all people on the planet whether or not their countries were participants in the war, it has not been understood how the various flaws and inequality and corruption that are rampant within the global systems generate and PRODUCE war and suffering and actually breed the conditions for conflict. 

Another point to consider and realize here is that in so many instances where people demand "peace" it is really about them being able to go back to their lives the way it was before and not have to be faced with the ugliness of war - but we do not consider the question of whether 'how it was before' was in any way sustainable and why was it so easily shaken by war or conflict? If massive amounts of resources and labor were not channeled through war and violent aggression or through economic slavery and exploitation, would the first world nations on this planet be able to enjoy the current standard of living that it has? 

PEACE is NOT REAL - It is NOT the goal. Peace is an illusion that we strive for and desire because we do not want to deal with or see the ugliness and atrocity that is here but are unwilling to get our hands dirty and actually do what is necessary to clean up this collective mess. 

Thus here I clarify and expose through self-forgiveness the illusion of PEACE -

Self-forgiveness on “Peace”

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that “peace” is able to exist in this world without a full understanding of the interrelatedness of what is here and how “peace” must be in fact real for all parts of this reality in order for it to be real and lasting.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have wished for 'world peace' without actually slowing down and considering what it will in fact require for real 'world peace' to exist.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to buy into the illusion that peace is able to be had when any part of the world is not equally at peace and is not equally supported.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to associate peace with the image of a white dove flying freely when this in no way reflects what 'peace' must actually be in this physical reality in terms of ensuring that all people and all forms of life are cared for and protected and that no harm or conflict will ever arise to again separate and divide us from the oneness and equality that we are.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that actual peace on this world is impossible and to become angry at myself and project that anger at the world and at the protestors and demonstrators who I judge as 'not getting it' and 'not seeing the point' when in fact I am every bit as responsible for not seeing and not getting the point – and that just because I have a certain understanding or perspective and what requires to be done seems 'too big' for me to do alone, it does not justify me not doing whatever I can to show and educate as many as I can, and not allow the excuse or justification that 'its too big' to doom myself and the rest of the world in ignorance by my own point of apathy and judgement.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in a world and within a system that does not educate people in terms of being able to not only articulate and express their concerns and the problems that they face, but to also see the practical solutions and how to implement them, instead of seeing problems and protesting problems and not seeing or understanding the factors and processes that we are all responsible for which brought those problems into manifestation here.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to NOT see and consider that 'peace' is currently the reaction and polarity of 'conflict' and that the desire for peace is simply a reaction and does not in fact address the points of separation and abuse that lead to and result in conflict, and how each and every individual plays a part in the acceptance of and the creation of the separation and abuse which happens first within ourselves and then becomes our living expression, which then becomes the state of our world.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is noble to demand 'peace' and protest for 'peace' when in fact this will not in any practical or real way address why peace is absent from this world and how it is that we have NEVER experienced peace for real.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that 'peace' is the goal when it does not in any way address or correct or make reparations for all of the damage done to life on this planet, and within accepting the idea that 'peace' somehow allows us to then let go and go back to our lives and feel as though we accomplished something and brought an end to suffering – we delude ourselves and blind ourselves to the actual extent of our responsibility – which means that 'peace' in and of itself is NOT the solution or the goal because it has NOT in fact solved or addressed the problem or made necessary adjustments to repair the damage we have allowed.

Self-Commitments/Self-Corrective Application

I commit myself to, when and as I see or hear the word “peace”, not accept that word at face value or believe that peace in and of itself is in any way acceptable as a 'goal' and to show to the best of my ability whenever possible how “peace” cannot in fact exist unless we fully understand and remove the factors existent within all of our institutions and world systems that produce and generate inequality and suffering, to finally ensure that 'peace' is not simply the end of a conflict that should never have happened in a world of actual compassion and actual car.e

I commit myself to, when and as I see/notice myself considering 'peace' as the end of conflict to be an acceptable point to 'end', stop and consider that ending the conflict does not in fact fix anything and is simply stopping the open wound from bleeding out – thus to any who proclaim victory in establishing 'peace', I do what I am able to remind them that 'peace' is simply the polarity manifestation of conflict, and that both 'peace' and 'conflict' have no place within a world of self-honesty and actual care – where peace is an actual reflection of who we all are and not simply an experience that follows conflict and horror.

I commit myself to show and demonstrate how peace has not ever existed within existence and that unless the basic principle of oneness and equality is understood and practical solutions for this world are implemented, peace will forever be an illusion.
Defining the word “Peace”

Dictionary Definition -

1. The absence of war or other hostilities.
2. An agreement or a treaty to end hostilities.
3. Freedom from quarrels and disagreement; harmonious relations: roommates living in peace with each other.
4. Public security and order: was arrested for disturbing the peace.
5. Inner contentment; serenity: peace of mind.

Here we see that the currently accepted definition of “Peace” is based on polarity – where “peace” is simply the opposite of “conflict/hostilities/disagreements, etc.

How It Is Currently Lived -

Yet within this definition of “peace” the experience of “peace” can only result AFTER the ending of conflict or as a separate dimension in which the conflict still exists but one is apparently 'at peace' with it and not affected by it. In this, the causes for the conflict to begin with are not addressed and the focus is placed on either ending the conflict or hiding/ignoring/sheltering oneself from the conflict in order to experience 'peace'.

Sounding the Word “Peace”

The word “Peace” can also be seen/heard as “Piece” - where 'piece' is a singularity instead of 'pieces'.


Polarity Charges Associated with the word Peace

Positive/Good

Interpreting the absence of violence and conflict in and of itself as 'good' and therefore accepting the idea of 'peace' as being something that is 'good'.

Peace as an experience where I am in my own point of 'serenity' and 'calm' which is really me existing in a separate world – a separate reality – which I have defined as being something that is 'good' and positive based only on how I feel.

Redefining the world

When we accept and allow separation and allow for “peace” to be a reality for only SOME beings, or when peace is only a temporary outflow of ending a particular conflict but the originating cause of the conflict is not resolved, then this “piece” exists in pieces – as separate bits of 'peace' that some are able to experience for some short while until the problem comes back again and there is conflict once more.

Thus REAL Peace is when we take all the pieces into consideration and make sure that within any solution or resolution to any conflict, all points are taken into consideration and what is best for all is implemented – ensuring the 'peace' becomes the reality for ALL.

New Definition of the Word “Peace”

Real PEACE is when we put all of the pieces of ourselves back together in the creation and implementation of solutions that end the illusion of separation and restore value, equality, dignity, and honor to all life so that conflicts and separation in fact come to a final END. Thus anything short of this is NOT peace, but keeping us in pieces as separation seeking temporary fixes to our broken selves.


2 comments:

ShareThis